Spring is here, nature is coming back to life and the first rays of sunshine are appearing. This is the perfect time to learn about gardening as a family! Fun and educational, this activity will allow you to relax while having a good time with your children... Whether you have a large garden, a small balcony or pretty planters in your windows!
Why garden as a family?
- Gardening allows you to share special moments with your children or grandchildren , thus strengthening the links between generations.
- Children learn to take care of nature and understand the life cycles of plants .
- Gardening helps develop their fine motor skills , patience , creativity and responsibility .
- Gardening outdoors promotes relaxation and well-being while providing a sense of accomplishment!
Choose the right location!
Before you start, it is essential to choose the right location for your small allotment garden:
- Plants generally need 6-8 hours of sunlight per day. So choose a well-exposed place to promote their growth.
- Make sure you have easy access to water for watering!
Prepare the ground!
Once the location has been chosen, it is time to prepare the ground to accommodate your future plantations:
- Clean up the area by picking up dead leaves, weeds and rocks.
- Loosen the soil with a spade to help plants root.
- Add compost or manure to enrich the soil with nutrients.
Choose the right plants!
It is essential to choose plants adapted to your climate and the season ! At the beginning of spring, we favor vegetables such as lettuces, radishes, spinach or peas, as well as flowers such as tulips, daffodils or pansies.
We had the opportunity, some time ago, to cross the path of the adorable founders of the site Les balcons d'Épicure . This article is an opportunity for us to present their great selection!
" Our whole philosophy is part of the sustainable development approach. What we offer is water and energy efficient. We are therefore attentive to ensuring that:
- the flowers and plants that we bring to you come from horticulturists renowned for their eco-responsible cultivation,
- they have the minimum distance to cover;
- we therefore favor French producers or, failing that, nearby countries,
- we reject any artificial approach and product."
Initiate your children!
Teach your children the basics of gardening: sowing , planting , watering and finally harvesting ! Encourage them to actively participate and take responsibility for the upkeep of the garden !
Turn gardening into a fun activity!
Make gardening fun by organizing creative workshops : painting pots, making labels for plants, etc. Don't forget to celebrate successes and harvests together !
Learning about gardening as a family at the beginning of spring is an enriching activity that strengthens our ties with our children , arouses their curiosity and enjoys the benefits of nature. So don't wait any longer and embark on this spring adventure !
- Washed linen 270 g/m2 Oeko-Tex®
- 3 colors (Natural, Storm, Moss)
- For children (from 2 to 10 years old)
- And for the adults !
- Handmade in France
- €55 - €85